Tuesday, December 22, 2009

10 Miles A Day

Every day, all year long. Or 3,650 miles. I like the 'an average of 10 miles a day - every day' as a way of explaining how much 3,650 miles is.
I did a circle of Sunrise Park first, and went back to the house for a sweatshirt before continuing on to the Hava Java Grill, just down the street from Jimmy's Grill. (The sign for Jimmy's Grill is visible in the photo if you look closely.)
It is a breakfast/lunch place, and my mission was to pick up their menu. While I was there I bought a cup of coffee, double cream, to drink sitting outside at the white table in the photo. It was a little cool, but pleasant to be sitting outside today. And I think that I have checked off the last of the mileage goals I had considered possible or reasonable for this year. Not a record year -- 3rd best of 8, I believe. One and two were the first two TRAM years, as you might expect. But a pretty good year, none the less.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Nice accomplishment. Good on ya. It'll be hard to top 2009. TT

Retired Professor said...

Quite true. It was my first year of full retirement, so I had a lot of time to ride.