Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Decorations

Here are a couple of photos that I took on my bike ride today. Holiday decorations look the same here as they do at home, pretty much. Except for the palm trees in the background, of course. And there's no snow ... but otherwise, the same.
It was 58 degrees when I left, 63 when I returned. I wore the same gear as on my last ride, and this time I was a little bit too cold. It was 10 degrees cooler, and there was a wind from the north which always seems to feel colder. Mostly I'd have to say it was sunny and nice, though it always takes me a while to get used to the fact that there is no shelter from the wind here -- no big trees, no sand dunes. So I should just deal with it and don't whine. It's December 20th, and I took a bike ride. No one should complain under those circumstances.
I rode out towards the Myakka River this time, and was gone for an hour and a half. It will take a while to work back up to the two hour bike rides that I considered standard before it got so dang cold at home. It felt good to get outside on my bike, and even though I am still getting used to the obscenely heavy bicycle that I ride here, it is all starting to feel familiar. And I didn't get lost. Always a bonus here.

Late Edit: Today's route, using Map My Ride.

2 comments:

Tennis T. said...

Nice Xmas decorations, but they do look a little strange for some one used to the tundra.

TT

Unknown said...

I agree with you that you shouldn't wine. It's snowing here. It looks like the same thing here but nicer. Tj's anoying me.