Monday, December 21, 2009

Jimmy's Grill

The old Giorgio's restaurant is history, replaced by Jimmy's Grill. Giorgio's was the Italian Greek place. Jimmy's is Mediterranean/American. We were there in time for the early bird specials, naturally.

By the time we got back to the house, the sun had set, and the sky was already too dark for decent photos.
I believe that today is the shortest day of the year. From here on out the hours of daylight expand. So why is it that the coldest weather of the year is still ahead of us?

3 comments:

Jimi said...

I assume then that the new owner is Jimmy the Greek. I bet they have some great Greek salad with just the right amount of feta cheese.

Did you make it for the early bird special?

Jimi the geek

Santini said...

I didn't have the Greek salad -- I had the beef barley soup, which was too salty. John had the lamb shank, Mediterranean style. Yes, we made it for the early bird special, which runs until 6:00 pm. Jimmy the Greek seems quite possible.

BDE said...

Beautiful sunset photo. It will probably become my desktop background to help me transcend the dreary cold here.
I celebrated the solstice by going bowling last night (for the first time in a dozen years or so)! It was not as soulful as biking (in fact, it was not soulful at all), but it was fun.