Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bike Ride

Gear list: Sunscreen and helmet. Okay, I didn't wear sunscreen. Long sleeve shirt and the required bright yellow vest for Florida rides. Bike shorts, shoes. I was overdressed. It was 68 when I left, 74 when I returned. (For Montana, who wanted to know the temperature.) Quite breezy, but not gale force -- just enough to make it feel like a bit of work to ride into it.

It was just a shake-down ride to the beach and around the various neighborhoods. The pool was full of seniors doing water aerobics, a few people were walking the beach and there was some fishing boat type traffic at the boat launch. A typical morning at the beach.

The Fuji worked fine, though it weighs a ton. The weight should help compensate for the total lack of hills here. It has gears, but I ride it like it was a single speed. We'll see how long I ride it before I shift it. December miles. A rare treat. The weather here for the next two days looks marginal. Tonight and tomorrow they expect thunderstorms, possibly severe, and Saturday is predicted to have winds between 30 and 40 mph. Still. December miles. Very rare.

2 comments:

Tennis T. said...

The palm trees look very inviting, as do the beach photos. It looks like life is good. TT

Not Retired Professor said...

Ah, the grape leaf. Such fond memories of collecting them on a sunny day on the beach with my mom.